The Evolution of Traditional to New Media



Media and Information Literacy (0003)

We were presented of different kinds of media in different ages or periods starting from pre-industrial age up until information age. We were tasked to write what we know in this kind of table:





--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Assignment



Given the available media that we now have in the world, what are its roles and functions in a democratic society?


Its roles and functions are the following...     
                                                      
     1. It gives us a chance to communicate with other people so that we can share what we want to, especially information.        

     2. It also reveals the corrupt system of any organization especially our government. We are able to criticize them through the available media we have today.                                             

     3. It also lets us find, store and preserve information and data especially the important ones.   

     4. And it also connects through different sources those who have means of technology and those who don't which is very much needed this age.




In what way does media affect your life (personal, professional, academic, social, others)?


          When it comes to personal aspect, media made me more open to scrutiny. Because of this, I'm trying my best to be careful with everything that I post and do. That makes me more responsible to what I post which also builds my characteristic of being responsible.

When it comes to professional aspect, media made me more dependent and productive. My cellphone and laptop became a  part of me and I cannot imagine myself without these 2 things. Every task or requirement is made easier through media.

When it comes to academic aspect, media made it possible for me to gain new knowledge at a faster rate. Google became my library and because of that, nothing is impossible to find or search.

When it comes to social aspect, media made my connections to everybody faster to build and to create. Messenger became my link to my friends. Communication between me and my friends is much more easier to perform.

Media also affect me when it comes to economic aspect. Social media sites such as Facebook and Twitter are full of advertisements. Media leads me to the things that I have an interest on and actually influences me on the things that I buy.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Exposure to Traditional and New Media

Media and Information Sources