Information Literacy (Lecture)



Media and Information Literacy (0005)


Most Influential Person
We were asked to share who is the most influential person in our lives. I answered it with the following information below.

Who?     
Rhodora L. Abunales  

What? 
(what is my relationship to her?)        
She is my mother. She is the one who have taken care of me since I was born.

Where? 
(where did you meet her?)   
I met her in her womb. She was the one who had given birth to me and because of that, she is someone who I always see at our home.

When?
(when did you realize that she is the most influential person to you?) 
I realized that she is the most influential person to me since I was a child. I always look up to her and follow her actions and decisions.

Why?
(why her?) 
I consider her as the most influential person to me because since the day that I was born, she has been the one who always make sure I am feeling well, doing well and behaving the good way. She guides me so that I can always be someone who is better than who I was yesterday.

How?
(how did she influence you?)  
She influenced me by how my actions should be done. She taught me good things about life and because of that, she also taught me on what good things I can do to return the favor. She was the one who shaped me to become who I am today, someone who stands strong with her beliefs and values.



------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------



Stages / Elements of Information Literacy


What should I do, as a student, when faced with a heavy rainfall?


Information needs
(What information do you need?) 
I need information about what to do during this kind of situation and who to contact when in need of help.

Sources of Information
(Where will you get them?) 
I will get them from my parents who have experienced this situation and who have a notebook containing list of emergency hotlines.

Access to the information
(How will you access them?) 
I will access the information by asking my parents and by also borrowing their notebook which contains needed contacts. I will take note of what they will say and copy the numbers listed on the notebook that are needed in this situation.

Evaluate information
(How will you check the quality of information?) 
I will evaluate the information by looking at them critically, objectively and logically. I will also contact the emergency hotlines in order to know if the contacts given to me are valid.

Organize information
(How will you organize and store them?) 
I will make a list of the important things my parents told me and the copy of the emergency contacts in a paper and in a text.

Communicate information
(How will you create and communicate them?) 
I will share it to my friends and to the public by posting it on social media and also by messaging people whose numbers I have in my phone.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Evolution of Traditional to New Media

My Exposure to Traditional and New Media

Media and Information Sources